In order to facilitate Teaching and Learning we are using Google classroom, which as you are aware we have been using regularly over the past number of years. Below are some sites that our teachers recommend that students use. Parents can also have a browse through these if you want to see what your child can access and also if you want to support their learning.
COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF RESOURCES BY SUBJECT ( ESP FOR THE LC)
Exam papers/Test Yourself
Pocket papers App – free past papers, marking schemes in 3 clicks
https://www.studyclix.ie/ Past exam questions are broken down by topic, mock papers, exam papers, maths video solutions.
Many students have this app on their device . If they just search topic eg Junior Cert History they will get access to a bank of questions created on different topics and they can test themselves
Again very useful for revising key terms and definitions
https://irevise.com/ie A general purpose tool for helping with revision, including past papers, video tutorials, sample answers, multiple choice quizzes. They also have been providing free honours maths grinds every morning at 9:30. A free trial is available so it’s worth giving a try.
625points.com A website with free resources (study plans, predictions, high-quality sample answers) along with paid notes that cover the whole course.
Khanacademy Amazing free resource with lessons and videos for many different subjects.
https://www.pdst.ie/distancelearning Advice for parents and teachers on remote learning. Especially helpful for parents to understand how our Google Classroom system works.
www.edpuzzle.com A lot of Phcol staff have made videos that are automatically shared among staff. You can in turn share with your own classes.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17KbIMl5qn-zvKHF0tJxl9XJPrE1eMHkTgREEIvaubPU/edit A Leaving Cert Revision Timetable that can be adapted
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15VdBZY9uWTeC_z5H3qev_iwUUx54Egbs This from Michelle Costigan is a great way to give feedback to students writing essays and sending a photo of them. Ask them to copy and paste photos into one doc rather than send each individual photo.
https://quizlet.com/ – study flashcard sets and play match games
https://www.youtube.com/ – examples Bozeman Science, Crash Course, Amoeba Sisters
Khan Academy videos
PhET simulations: https://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulations/category/new
Complete Leaving Cert Biology definitions
Leaving Cert BUSINESS
- LC Business: Quizzes -visit sporcle.com/user/MaistirMurtagh and click on the Quizzes tab on the left hand side
- Leavingcertbusiness.wordpress.com (LC Advising Examiner – Philip Curry)
- The Business Guys – an exam focused website with notes, exam help with tips, timing, answering questions etc. along with solutions to many questions -most content is free
- SGC Business – features a large collection of freely available notes and powerpoints for the entire course
- Two Teachers -search for on YouTube -lots if excellent videos to explain business theory studied with real world examples
Leaving Cert ACCOUNTING
- mystudymate.ie/accounting.html – a series of videos
- Egs.ie (Michael Galligan Accounting) – questions papers from 2019 to 1991 and contains more papers than studyclix
- The Business Guys Accounting
Junior Cert BUSINESS
- JC Business: Quizzes -visit sporcle.com/user/MaistirMurtagh and click on the Quizzes tab on the left hand side
Http://www.ppmta.ie syllabus resources for leaving cert music set works
Http://www.youtube.com Some great short clips on Music theory, RIAM Music theory.
Clips on set works for junior and leaving cert music.
Free online music ukulele and/or guitar lessons
www.brighterminds.ie ( free access to ebook for next 20 days for leaving cert students)
Career Guidance & Counselling
History Matters 365 A good website that has lots of links to other resources, broken down by topic.