- All school trips will be planned and implemented with due regard to DES Circular: M20/04, ‘Educational Tours by School Groups (both inside and outside the State)’ and any relevant policies put in place by Kildare Wicklow Education Training Board and Piper’s Hill College.
- The school aims to balance the achievement of academic excellence with social and personal development of students. School trips and outings can make an important contribution to the achievement of this aim.
- From time to time, the school will organise trips to locations, both at home and abroad. As far as possible, these will be organised during school holidays or at weekends. Of necessity, some outings will take place during school time.
- All school trips should be self-financing.
- The payment of a deposit or of the full cost does not constitute a contract, as a breach of the school’s Code of Behaviour may result in a pupil being banned from travelling on the tour. In such cases, there will be no refund of monies paid.
- All students are subject to the terms and conditions of the Travel Company involved and are subject to payment deadlines. The school will not refund monies lost through the breach of such deadlines.
- All those travelling on the tour are required, where necessary, to be in possession of a valid passport and any other travel documentation required. For trips to other EU countries, travellers must be in possession of an EHIC card.
- Any illnesses, allergies, dietary or medication requirements must be notified in good time to the Tour Organiser.
- Depending upon the nature of the trip, a ‘good behaviour bond’ may be imposed. This bond will be refunded, subject to satisfactory completion of the trip.
- Students, as ambassadors of the school, are expected to conform to the highest standards of behaviour and courtesy. A high standard of self-discipline and trust is required. Examples of breach of trust would include: alcohol or substance use, breach of room curfews, inappropriate liaisons, the purchase of inappropriate items or materials and the misuse of facilities.
- Any breach of trust may result in parents being contacted and requested to arrange, at parents’ expense, the return of the student from abroad.
Parents Signature Pupil Signature